JEMS® Movement EASE (Efficiency, Awareness, Sensory motor integration, Emotion)
“I have used it daily with my clients – they love it!”
Uncovering the Power and the Grace…..
What is it to move naturally, efficiently, easily, even pleasurably?
What if you could help your clients to access more power and grace in their movement, using simple but transformative techniques?
And what if that process of deeply understanding natural, functional movement is also the key to many common pain presentations that your clients struggle to overcome?
Join Joanne on this absorbing four day intensive exploration as she shares her in-depth knowledge and deep experience of the art and science of developing effortlessly controlled, elastic dynamic movement, for people across a spectrum of functional levels.
If you have ever wondered how to connect somatic approaches with biomechanics, emotions with fascia, and brain science with body experience, this course will expand your confidence, accuracy and insight as you develop your skills in analysis, and tune your teaching technique to a whole new level.
Designed specifically for professionals in the health and fitness industry such as Pilates teachers, body workers and personal trainers, JEMS® Movement EASE equips you with a greater understanding of natural movement in function and dysfunction, and how to unlock, enhance and optimise it in practical, easy-to-understand and immediately applicable ways.
Every client has a unique collection of movement habits and strategies, some of which are useful, and some of which are creating barriers to their health and performance. Joanne will show you how to make the links between how they manage their body and the functional requirements of their lives to engage with them more relevantly and meaningfully.
- Guide your clients to find greater ease in their posture, more freedom in their movement and improved functional performance using JEMS®’ unique approach for unlocking potential and facilitating movement performance with simple but powerful techniques.
- Extend your understanding of injury presentations, and learn to competently accommodate them as part of your programmes.
- Expand your skills and confidence in verbal and tactile cueing, discovering fresh and enjoyable ways to help clients to connect with their bodies.
- Learn to integrate multiple body systems effectively in order to stimulate balanced, elastic, enjoyable movement with self awareness and efficiency.
- Above all, learn to empower your clients to experience moving beautifully, no matter what their age or physical aspirations
In conjunction with the launch of Joanne’s much anticipated book, “The Power and the Grace: A Professional’s Guide to Ease and Efficiency in Functional Movement”, this JEMS® Movement EASE course incorporates the foundation principles of the approach with:
JEMS® Foundation Principles
- What is moving beautifully?
- What is power, and what is grace?
- What does the research tell us about current training techniques?
- Movement vs antimovement: when control becomes a barrier to efficient function.
- The science of the art of teaching movement.
Module 1: Essential Posture and Spine
- Posture: telling a new story with the body.
- Emotions meet biomechanics.
- Moving the brain to change neuromuscular patterns.
- Balancing the spine for movement fluency.
- The spinal locks: new insights into postural presentations.
- Practical solutions for the spinal locks.
- The trunk as transmitter and communicator of forces in the body.
- Elastic motion: engaging with the myofascial system.
Module 2: Essentials for Lower Body Mastery
- The little known secrets to better lower body movement.
- The key movement functions in the lower body and how to assess them.
- Accessing the power programmes in the lower body.
- Systematic progression for each key movement function.
JEMS® Movement EASE will brings a new richness to your understanding of dynamic movement. Open the door to a truly holistic, integrated and systematic approach to health and performance training.You will discover that the science of movement can be experienced with profound simplicity when experienced through the intelligence of your own body, and that skilfully applied neuroscience brings a magic and depth to your teaching practice.
Here’s what people say:
“Highly recommend this course for Pilates instructors or movement professionals of any type! JEMS® has transformed my approach to posture and movement from a dry and academic pursuit of neutral spine and core control toward an ability to foster fluidity, ease and true self expression.
The course reveals as much about yourself as a mover as it does challenge your beliefs about what is functional and relevant for the bodies you are teaching.
We’ve all had those clients whose persistent postural habits never seem to change despite consistent effort. JEMS® is jam packed with practical solutions that make it easier not only to identify these patterns and understand what drives them, but more importantly to communicate with your client about them in a way that promotes meaningful and lasting change.
It is by far the most impactful professional development I have encountered in almost 20 years in the industry and now influences every session with every client in a major way.
The highly practical format enables you to learn the concepts and techniques through your own experience. Joanne’s interest and expertise in learning theory shines through and you are aware of being in the presence of a master communicator. It’s a rare talent to be able to combine the complexities of many different disciplines (biomechanics, exercise science, neurophysiology, psychology) and distill it down to something simple – but Joanne has achieved this masterfully with the JEMS® work. Cannot reccommend highly enough for any practitioner who desires to bring an intelligent, mindful and compassionate approach to their work.”
Laura Kavanagh 2019
“The course was brilliant – I have a completely new set of standards to work from, personally and with clients.”
“It has opened my eyes to my way of teaching and my approach.”
“Possibly the most useful course I have attended since qualifying.”
“The course has given so much to me – lots of practical tools, concepts reframed with new images and a fresh perspective. Thank you so much – I have had a great weekend.”
Suzanne Scott 2010